Habari Za Nyumbani–on jambonewspot.com

Visit www.jambonewspot.com…..your community website for more

Archive for June 1st, 2010

Kenyan man busted for selling drugs

Posted by Administrator on June 1, 2010

Eric K. Warugongo, 35, of Clark, was nabbed with over 500 tablets of oxycodone

Eric K. Warugongo, 35, of Clark, was nabbed with over 500 tablets of oxycodone

IRVINGTON — A Clark man was taken into custody last week suspected of selling oxycodone pills at the Irvington Pathmark, the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office announced today.

Eric K. Warugongo, 35, faces narcotics possession and distribution counts, the prosecutor’s office said.

Katherine Carter, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office, said investigators were tipped off that Warugongo was selling drugs at the Pathmark. He did not work there, she said.

Detectives from the prosecutor’s office seized Warugongo’s 1994 Cadillac and found 518 of the narcotic pain reliever tablets in the car. He was arrested a short while later.

An additional 225 tablets, $2,600 in cash were also found when officers subsequently searched Warugongo’s Lexington Boulevard home in Clark.

Carter said booking Warugongo, a native of Kenya, was complicated because he used multiple identities. Several identification documents were also found in his home.

“We were trying to confirm his identity,” she said. “He has a number of aliases.”

Warugongo was being held in lieu of $150,000 bail at the county correctional facility.

NJ.COM

Advertisements

Posted in Diaspora News, Kenya | Comments Off on Kenyan man busted for selling drugs

Philip Moi, Wife Cite Adultery in Divorce

Posted by Administrator on June 1, 2010

Nairobi — Philip Moi’s wife Rossana Pluda has filed for divorce, accusing her husband of adultery and cruelty.

Rossana claims Philip Kipchirchir had a three-year affair with a married woman named Jane Ondieki, from 2001 to 2003.

But the son of the former President in turn accuses his wife of adultery and cruelty, claiming she had an affair with a single man called Jomo Gecaga.

In the divorce case number 154 of 2008 which was filed on 24 December 2008, Rossana seeks the dissolution of the marriage, custody of their two children, as well as school fees for both children.

In addition, she seeks a monthly maintenance fee of $6,000 (Sh450,000) or an alternative of $1 million (Sh75 million) to be paid into a trust account for the upkeep and maintenance of herself and the children.

Philip and Rossana were married on March 1, 1993 in Nairobi. They lived together on Tchui Road in Muthaiga Estate, and got the two children in 1993 and 1995.

Rossana describes Philip in her petition as a “businessman who has interests in property development and is a company director of numerous companies.” She accuses Philip of verbally abusing her on several occasions in the presence of their children.

She claims that Philip is a habitually becomes violent to her and their children when drunk.

Rossana says in her affidavit that Philip ejected her from their matrimonial bed on or about 2006 and she has since not been intimate with him, leading to emotional distress.

The wife further claims her husband has refused her friends to visit her, causing her to lead a lonely and miserable life without any social connections.

She accuses Philip of hitting his son severally when drunk.

Other allegations include refusal to give her money for housekeeping leading to her borrowing from family and friends, refusing to take his daughter to hospital when she was suffering from stomach cramps and refusing to let her or their children use any of his five “expensive” cars.

Further, Rossana claims Philip has threatened to shoot her should she leave him.

She said that despite several of her attempts at reconciliation, Philip has persisted in his cruelty.

But in his replying affidavit filed with the High Court on February 6, 2009, Philip says: “Save that I am a Kenyan citizen and a businessman, I deny that I am a property developer or that I am a director of numerous companies as stated by the petitioner in paragraph 5 of her affidavit.” He denies committing adultery or being cruel to his wife. He claims that she left the matrimonial home on her own volition and that she was the one who committed adultery.

“The petitioner (Rossana) has had and continues to have an adulterous affair with Jomo Gecaga, a single man,” he states.

Philip claims that Rossana has on several occasions been verbally abusive towards him in the presence of their children thereby causing him mental anguish.

“The petitioner has neglected me and the children by being more concerned with her own welfare and well being than that first of the children and mine,” he says.

He adds: “The petitioner spends and continues to spend most of her time with the names lover and her friends to the detriment of the children, thereby, causing me and the children mental anguish.” Philip accuses his wife of deliberately neglecting her children’s welfare, safety and education needs.

He says no reconciliation was possible because of his wife’s continued adultery and cruelty.

Philip also wants the court to grant him custody of the children.

“I am apprehensive that the safety, well being and education of the children will be affected if custody, care and control is granted to the petitioner because of her adultery and cruelty. The petitioner can be granted limited access,” he says.

Philip adds that he has been staying with the children since 1993 and their safety, welfare and education have been well looked after without any assistance from their mother.

He says Rossana is not entitled to $6,000 a month for maintenance “because she is being looked after by her lover”.

He wants his wife’s request for maintenance not to be granted.

Philip is represented in the case by Guram and Company advocates while Rossana is represented by Ransley MC Vicker & Shaw advocates

Source: Nairobi Star

Posted in Kenya | Comments Off on Philip Moi, Wife Cite Adultery in Divorce

Kenya urges Israel convoy raid probe

Posted by Administrator on June 1, 2010

Demonstrators protest against the Israeli commando raid on a flotilla of boats carrying humanitarian relief supplies to the Gaza Strip, outside the Israeli Consulate in Los Angeles, California on May 31, 2010. At least 10 and as many as 19 people were killed in the incident on the high seas 70 miles off the Israeli coast. Kenya called for investigation into the incident June 1, 2010.

Demonstrators protest against the Israeli commando raid on a flotilla of boats carrying humanitarian relief supplies to the Gaza Strip, outside the Israeli Consulate in Los Angeles, California on May 31, 2010. At least 10 and as many as 19 people were killed in the incident on the high seas 70 miles off the Israeli coast. Kenya called for investigation into the incident June 1, 2010.

By NATION Reporter and Agencies
Posted Tuesday, June 1 2010 at 12:14

The Kenya Government has condemned Israel’s attack on a convoy of Gaza-bound aid ships and called for an investigation into the incident.

A Ministry of Foreign Affairs statement Tuesday said the government denounced the use of “blatant force” by Israel against the ships that were delivering humanitarian aid to Gaza on Monday.

“The killing of nine members of this humanitarian mission is grossly callous and a brazen violation of international law,” said the statement.

On Monday, Israeli commandos stormed a convoy of ships carrying aid to the Gaza Strip.

The six-ship flotilla, carrying 10,000 tonnes of aid, left the coast of Cyprus on Sunday and had been due to arrive in Gaza on Monday.

Armed forces boarded the largest vessel overnight, clashing with some of the 500 people on board. It happened about 40 miles (64 km) out to sea, in international waters.

Israel said its soldiers were shot at and attacked with weapons, but the activists refuted the claims saying Israeli troops came on board shooting.

Deplorable incident

“The Government of Kenya expresses deep shock and regret at this tragic loss of civilian lives and calls for a full investigation of this deplorable incident,” the Foreign Ministry statement said.

The Ministry said the incident served to reinforce calls “by the international community for Israel to end the blockade of Gaza”.

The UN Security Council also issued a statement calling for an impartial inquiry into the raid.

The statement said the investigation should be “prompt, impartial, credible and transparent”.

It also condemned the “acts” which led to the deaths of at least 10 civilian activists during the operation.

The raid sparked strong international condemnation and calls for Israel to lift its three-year blockade of Gaza.

The UN statement was reached after hours of discussion as the council deliberated through the night.

Israel tightened its blockade of the Gaza Strip after Hamas seized power there in 2007.

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week, but the UN says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

Source: Daily Nation

Posted in Kenya | Comments Off on Kenya urges Israel convoy raid probe

 
%d bloggers like this: